Smart Chefs Stay Slim by Allison Adato is a clever , ingenious way present a cookbook and in essence, a book about healthy eating. She ask famous chefs questions that we would all love to ask a famous chef if we had the chance – how they stay thin…their personal tips and tricks to stay thin….ways to keep track of what they eat…what they eat when they know they have to lose weight…and many more…
The chefs (37 of them by my count) answer the questions and Adato includes their observations as “lessons” (92 Lessons in all) and then follows up with a delicious recipe that demonstrates the tip.
This is a very clever book indeed. My personal observations:
- Lesson 7 is so interesting, it could change the way you eat forever!
- I just knew a trick to losing weight was not to put so much sugar and cream in your coffee. Learn how one chef trained his palette to do it.
- There is a company that sells personalized granola bars – http://www.youbars.com – Too cool for words.
- Jacques Torres shares a recipe for cereal covered in chocolate…not kidding!
- Michelle Bernstein’s Watermelon and Tomato Salad with Feta and Olives recipe sounds amazing.
- Apparently Famous Chefs are particular about their homemade roasted chicken and I totally get that!
- Two Recipes I will making this week:
- Ming Tsai’s Pork Fried Rice and Joe Bastianich’s Spaghetti Pomodoro.
This book is a perfect break from the winter blues. Clever, delicious recipes and tips to get you back in shape. Enjoy!